Monday, November 9, 2009

World AIDS Day

World AIDS day is approaching and I wonder what the general knowledge is about HIV and AIDS... we have been aware of this virus since the 80's but I don't think that people have educated themselves very well about the virus. It's always been one of those illnesses that people think... "I'll never get that, I'm monogamous" or "I'll never get that I have only had a few partners." The problem is that with the rate of infection in the US, "risky behavior" has broadened it's meaning and includes unprotected sex with a partner that hasn't been tested.

Here is a link to the CDC with some great information on HIV basics.
CDC HIV Facts

Throughout the next few months I will try to find other links with basic information about HIV.
If you don't know your status or your partner's, protection is paramount. You can't tell if someone has been infected by how they look, and an infected person may not even have symptoms for months and be highly contagious.
Be smart, be sexy, be safe. Carry your own protection.
For a limited time the Classic Compacts are $19.95!
Love Well. Love Wisely.

No comments: